Re: [NTLK] flat batteries?

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 05:34:02 EST

On 31/10/2006, at 5:31 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Aaron Eiche wrote:
>> Considering doing some rebuilding of some battery packs and I've
>> come across
>> Flat batteries that have the same output/specs of regular, round
>> AAs. Has
>> anyone given thought to using these? It seems to me like they would
>> work out
>> ok. What are the potential pitfalls?
>
> Maybe send us a link to these, and I bet you'll get some opinion ;~)
> Marty

I believe he's refering to prismatic/rectangular cells (also known as
gumstick cells, common in compact disc/minidisc walkmans). The highest
NiMH capacities you can get these in will always be less than what you
can get a cylindrical AA in, due to the physical volume of the cells.
Therefore it's not as viable an option.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard