[NTLK] Questions, questions, questions

From: Javier Monllor <jmonll2_at_uic.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 19:58:55 EDT

With the start of the semester at my university, I've started to use
the Newton more and more each day and questions are starting to pop
up. I hope you guys can help me out.

1. When I'm looking for a person in the Names app, I click on their
name to get their info. I then want to look at another name but can't
find a way to easily do this. If I press the (x) the whole app
closes. Right now I'm going up and tapping the alphabet letters on
the top which takes me back to the list but that also changes the
order of the names. Anyone here have a better way of moving from the
card view to the Names list view?

2. What are your experiences with screen protectors? Are they worth
it? The MP is already a few years old so I would like to protect it
as much as I could.

3. Does anyone have a non-working MP 2000 lying around for spare
parts? My MP has a broken serial door and lost on of the clips that
holds the screen cover and I would like to replace them.

4. Does anyone know of any way to view PowerPoint files on the
Newton? I don't need to edit them, just read them. I take the train
to my class and would like to be able to review my presentation on
the commute. I've thought about saving the presentation as a PDF file
and then moving it into the MP for viewing so if there isn't a
specific PP app out there, what is a good PDF reader?

Thanks!

Tovi
http://www.tovi.name