Re: [NTLK] Newt Grocery

From: Don Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 20:22:55 EDT

On Sep 1, 2006, at 12:11 PM, maynard@jmg.com wrote:

> Unfortunately, the next time I relaunch the application it demands
> registration all over again. Is this a common problem with other
> applications? Has anyone else seen this type of behavior before? And,
> if
> Newt Grocery is unavailable (the author says he does not support it any
> longer), is there a good alternative as a grocery shopping tool?

I installed NewtGrocery this evening. I generated a registration code
using my full owner name, using the 'Generate Code' button. I then
drag-copied the resulting registration code and pinned it to the side
of the screen, launched NewtGrocery (for the first time), and
drag-pasted the registration code. It was accepted, and I have
launched NewtGrocery several times since. If I tap on the 'Enter
Registration' menu item, I get a panel stating that I have already
registered.

This app is probably way more than I would ever need, but I'll have a
go at exploring it. Up until now, I have simply created a checklist
'template' in the Notes app, with a topic for each general area (aisle
or group of aisles) of my local preferred store. I add subtopics for
the specific items I plan to purchase in the area/aisle. I either mail
the list to myself and print it from my Cube, or take my MP2100 to the
store, and check items off as I go.

HTH...

  - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser
PowerMac G4 Cube, 450MHz, 1.25GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.3.9