Re: [NTLK] [OT] Changing ibook HD

From: Joost van de Griek <jvdg_at_jvdg.com>
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 20:06:55 EDT

On 9/8/06 3:21 PM, Adam Goddard wrote:

> I've opened my clamshell iBook G3 366, and my sister's dual usb G3 500
> ibook. The latter was very, very "interesting", I suppose you could
> say. Around five times the complexity of the MP2100. Very fiddly work.
> Be prepared to yell at people if they bump any of the screws you have
> intricately placed around the table. :-P

It takes a bit of practice, for sure. The first time I swapped a hard drive
in a white iBook, it took me some two hours.

Last (third) time I did it, I was in and out in under thirty minutes. Didn't
even have any screws left over when I was done!

It's no walk in the park, but really, it isn't as hard as some people like
to make it out to be. Just follow the instructions to the letter.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
I like my computers like my women: big-endian.
 - Andrew Weiss