Re: [NTLK] Keyspan and Newten

From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl>
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 05:05:14 EDT

On Sep 9, 2006, at 1:50 AM, Jason Lindsay wrote:

> After hooking everything up, the connection won't work. The
> drivers are
> installed, and I've tried connecting to 3 different Newtons (a MP
> 130, a MP
> 2100, and an eMate 300) from 2 different Macs (Powermac G4 MDD 1.25
> and a
> Bondi Blue iBook 300). I called Keyspan, and was greeted with
> about the
> rudest tech support representative I have ever encountered (and
> I've had to
> call Microsoft before). He insisted that, since the Keyspan software
> detected the device, that it had to be working.

If you are on OSX you can check if your keyspan is in working order
by going to ABOUT THIS MAC from the Apple Menu and then click MORE
INFO. This will open System Profiler. You can alternatively open
System Profiler by doing a Spotlight search of your HD. Once System
Profiler is open under Hardware you will see USB near the end of the
Hardware category. On the pane to the right of that list you should
see your Keyspan listed. If not simply refresh the list by issuing a
Comman (Apple key) and R. So while you hold the Apple key press R.

If your Keyspan is listed then at least you know your keyspan is in
working order.