Re: [NTLK] DJ mixing on Newt needed

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 09:37:50 EDT

Yes that Paul's site where the drivers are available. As for 5v only
cards, I am not sure of that. I know that 3v wireless cards could fry
your newt, but there was a discussion on the list once and the general
consensus was that 3v cards could be supported however they weren't in
Heroshi's wireless driver. But I would stick with 5v cards to be safe.
 I seem to remember Paul saying that 3v was supported during that
discussion I mentioned, but why take the chance (I know I wouldn't).

As for a PCMCIA reader, nope. The Newton uses a unique storage system
and only a Newton can read/write to it. If you format the card in a
Newton it can only be used in a Newt unless you reformat it for
something else.

Yes many have went though the various alternatives and usually end up
back after a few years (although you took longer than most I think ;)
Welcome to the group.

-Dan