Re: [NTLK] Poor soldering of eMate memory modules

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 05:43:15 EDT

On 9/29/06, Adam Goddard <pashosh@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Frank, you use 450°C for soldering? What kind of solder are you using?
> My iron rarely goes above 400°C unless for heavier duty stuff. I
> usually set it to about 375°C for my 60% Tin / 40% Lead 0.71mm and 1mm
> solder. Works a charm, and keeps my tips healthy.

Now if only I could afford such a nice soldering station...
I've got to continue away at my activities with my trusty 20watt
soldering irons.
However I've got to fabricate a nice miniature soldering tip to
properly attach such soldering jobs as the NewerTech eMate Memory
Upgrade OR my next possible project of installing a MiniDIN8 since I
can't find a SER-001 :( those darn soldering locations on the
mainboard are a pain with my eyes and even a magnifying glass
still....

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung