Re: [NTLK] Email storage on Card

From: Greg Hankins <ghankins_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 23:36:41 EST

Simon, RA & Andy,
Thanks for your help.

The out of memory error arises after downloading a number of messages
from, in this case, mac.com. I get an info box with a wavy border. It
is headlined Storage and informs me "Sorry, a problem has occurred.
(The internal memory or storage card is full.)"

If I then check Memory Info in the Extras door, I find that indeed
there is but 1 or 2K of memory there. Sometimes, after this error,
Mail V "hangs up" when trying to disconnect, and I have to reset the
Newton.

I will change my card setting, as you suggest.

The Newton's ability to store separate pieces of the same database in
both the internal store and card takes some getting used to. I
suppose I should purchase a 24 or 32 NB card and keep my applications
on the internal store and information on the card.

RA's note about the 2K bug worries me. If I move storage to the card,
will I lose 2K per login on the card? I am still playing here, to try
to determine which email program to use and what email I want on my
Newton. I was thinking about using a .mac account, and I like the
Mail V status bar while downloading. But I am not interested in
losing 2K per login. Is there some way around this, or should I be
looking at another email client?

Cheers!

Greg
Greg Hankins