Re: [NTLK] source to package

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 07:54:44 EST

On Dec 13, 2007 10:21 PM, Scott Norville <kr2no@earthlink.net> wrote:

> After more messing around I have found that the various files
> (layouts, text, project etc), although having the .lyt and other
> suffixes, have had their resource forks stripped. This was downloaded
> in a .zip file, which was probably the culprit. I have corrected the
> file type and creator fields with resedit, which makes them look
> right on the desktop (icon-wise), but NTK does not recognize them and
> won't work with them.
>
> Is there another way to fix a resource fork for os9?
> If not, would the Windoze version of NTK read them?

It sounds like you may have picked up a Windows NTK project. Does the
project itself have a file extension?

If it's not a Windows NTK project and it was archived under Mac OS X
10.3 or later then you'll want to unzip it on Mac OS X as that'll
retain the resource forks. If it was archived under Mac OS 9 with
MacZip <http://www.haase-online.de/dirk/maczip/> then you can also
unzip it with MacZip and retain the resource forks. Unfortunately, Mac
OS X's zip tool and MacZip preserve resource forks differently, so
trying to unzip an archive created in the other will result in the
loss of resource forks.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com