Re: [NTLK] OT: Re: Newton Goes to Wage Peace.

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 09:47:33 EST

~~~ On 2007/02/02 09:43, Dale Raby at daleraby@gmail.com wrote ~~~

> ... The solution
> was to transfer everything via floppy drives. Obviously that won't work for
> the Newton...

Forgive me if I've missed the blindingly obvious, but what if you set your
Newton so it automatically stored all data on the data-cards? Then you just
use the cards (and protect them) the way you would a floppy disk, and brain
wipes lose nothing. And if you use an encryption algorithm as well, the
data should be safe, no?

OK, now for the people who know what they're talking about to explain why
I'm wrong....

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl