Re: [NTLK] mac os9 hardware for old newton apps and VNC

From: Walter Remson <w.remson_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue Feb 06 2007 - 21:27:16 EST

While you can use a G3 Server, you call also use the following Mac
setups as well:

Beige G3 tower or desktop (mine has 450 MHz CPU)
Digital Audio G4 (733 Mhz)
Quick Silver dual CPU (867 CPU)

I am able to connect and sync my MP2100 via serial (Appletalk), wired
ethernet, and wireless via Belkin wireless router all under Mac OS9
on all machines as well OS 9 under classic on the Mac Quick Silver.

Therefore, you are not limited to just a PowerPC CPU Mac to connect
and sync your Newton.

Walter