Re: [NTLK] Error 48419 with Mail V

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 12:39:41 EST

On Sunday, February 11, 2007 at 5:08 pm Dale Raby wrote:

> The solution I stumbled on was to disable
> the checking mail function after sending
> something.

You know, I seem to remember doing the same thing, very early on too, probably for the same reasons.

>> Mail V will become slow and unstable
>> if you have less than a Megabyte (1000 K)
>> free.
>
> don't have a large enough card.
> That'll get fixed eventually.
> Right now the application is stored
> internally.

Any size external store will be better than using your internal store for incoming mail. Having the Mail V application itself on the internal store is fine. However, don't use your internal store for saving the incoming mail.

I've discovered there is a memory fragmentation problem with Mail V and it doesn't fully clean up after itself when checking for mail. I show that I lose about 5K of storage space every time I check my two accounts. After of 3 month's, I had erase my 28MB card to get back the 22MB Mail V ate up.

Eventually, you too will have to erase which ever store you are using to (temporarily) store your mail. If you are not prepared (i.e. no extra storage cards for backup or not using an external store for incoming mail), you may run into a problem.

Ron

--
Sent using MyYahoo, Newt's Cape and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
      |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
 From the "Who says, 'Size Doesn't Matter'" file:
   Ever notice, when someone comments on your Newton PDA,