Re: [NTLK] 2100 Calendar dead 48022 error loosing faith

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 15:11:33 EST

On Feb 14, 2007, at 11:51 AM, Thomas Dean wrote:

> Maybe I'm expecting too much from the ole Newt. I need a PDA that is
> reliable when it comes to appointment sync with my Mac.
> Yes, my main reason is taking notes, but I need the sync. Did
> Newtsync let me down. Did I do something wrong? Is keyspan serial
> not the right connection method.
> This last crash/malfunction puts me back to thinking of alternative
> handhelds.
>
> Am I expecting too much?

Currently, I would say yes. Newtsync isn't ready for prime time in
that regard.

However, there is the super promising new software from Simon Bell
called NCX which is a "replacement" from Newton connection utilities
and seems most promising with regards to syncing (go Simon!).

It's not there yet, but it's very promising, so you might be able
to do what you want, real soon now.

Marty