Re: [NTLK] Extras button

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 19:42:34 EST

On 2/20/2007 6:36 PM, Matt Howe wrote:
> Anybody know how to remove the "Extras" button from the silk screen area? I
> have other launchers that can bring up the extras and there are other icons
> I'd rather have in the silk screen area. But my Newt won't allow me to
> remove the "Extras" icon. Any other icon no problem but not "Extras".
>
> Matt "Ducky" Howe
> matthowe@comcast.net
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

I think that is a "safety" feature. If you were to remove Extras, and
didn't have some other kind of launcher, you would be stuck not able to
start new apps or change anything on the button bar.

The only method I know of to get rid of the Extras is to get rid of the
whole button bar. There are several packages that do that, such as
barkeep. There are several others but I don't recall them at the moment.

-Dan