Re: [NTLK] Extras button

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 22:51:49 EST

I don't want to get rid of the button bar because I use it. That's why I
want to get rid of the "Extras" icon to make room for another icon. I use
I++, Witty Keys and Backyard for my launchers. So by background App is taken
care of. I have Extras Layout to make the buttons smaller so I've squeezed
in a couple of extra icons for a total of 9. But with all of the launchers
and utilities I don't go to extras that much and could sure use one more
icon slot. Any other ideas or should I just say 9-1 is enough?

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe@comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

Dan wrote:
<snip>
I think that is a "safety" feature. If you were to remove Extras, and
didn't have some other kind of launcher, you would be stuck not able to
start new apps or change anything on the button bar.

The only method I know of to get rid of the Extras is to get rid of the
whole button bar. There are several packages that do that, such as
barkeep. There are several others but I don't recall them at the moment.

-Dan
<snip>

And:

<snip>
Just so you know, you can make any package the background app if you
hold your pen on it till you hear a squeak then tap the routing envelope
and select "make backdrop". I would suggest using AVI's backdrop as it
takes a lot less heap than most other apps yet give quite a bit of function.
<snip>