Re: [NTLK] Follow-up to my connectivity question--would this work?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 09:13:11 EST

With NCX you can install packages and do backups etc. in OS X. this
can be done via ethernet or serial.
<http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/>
but untill you have ethernet drivers installed you will need to make
a serial connection, so you have a hardware issue.
You will need a Newton interconnect dongle or its equivalent, the
dongle on the ethernet card will not work. You will also need a
serial/USB adapter on the mac side and connecting cable.
Instead you may want to look at
<http://notwen.com/sync/dongle>
or ask about the card lender program, several list members will loan
a flash card with necessary ethernet drivers installed so that you
can skip the serial step.
be sure to read wikiwikinewt for connectiopn questions. link at
bottom of this and all emails.
Woody