Re: [NTLK] [OT] UK Mac users take note

From: Jon Scordia <jscordia_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 16:37:05 EST

Likewise, I've signed.

A few weeks ago I took part in the BBC survey as highlighted by Apple
Gazette, see this link:

http://www.applegazette.com/mac/uk-users-act-now-tell-the-bbc-you-
watch-tv-too/

Unfortunately the survey is now closed. Looks like they're doing the
ignore us anyway.

Same thing with Chanel 4's on demand service 4OD. I wote to them in
January and they were good enough to respond with the 'reason' they
cannot support Macs.

Because Apple's DRM scheme is closed, and incompatible with
Microsoft's DRM scheme, they say they cannot provide the level of
anti theft security that their TV programme suppliers require.
Remember that the BBC and Chanel 4 models are not 'buy and keep' like
itunes but 'download, watch within a few days then..puff...it's gone'.

Jon