Re: [NTLK] Welcome back Newton?!!

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 20:03:14 EST

On Jan 9, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Richard Clark wrote:

> As I feared multi year contract with cingular. :( don't see any
> mention of Europe ,

The phone will be released in Europe by the end of the year. They
will have different providers for different countries. They did not
tell me, which providers though. A two-year contract is seen by the
networks as about $100 to $200 investment, which gives you the real
price for the hardware.

Cingular is setting up extended features specifically for the iPhone
(random access to voice messages). In return, they get the exclusive
US rights on a sure fire success phone and *tons* of data traffic.
Very smart move on both sides. Apple is planning on selling 10 Mio in
2008.

The screen is 3.5 inches diagonally at 160ppi. The phone itself is
11mm thick (little less than 1/2 inch). It has a two MPixel camera, a
light sensor, a proximity sensor, and a motion sensor, so everyone
will have the accelerometer based Light Saber software on it -
woooosh... .

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/