Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 11:35:15 EST

On 10/01/2007, at 4:32 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
> I don't know that the CDMA has better coverage thing is true, but
> the iPhone supports WIFI also, so it isn't necessarily a deal
> breaker from my point of view. Actually I am a gsm customer anyhow,
> so that's not negative to me.
Technically, CDMA(and it's various forms WCDMA, etc) has better
coverage, but it doesn't always turn out to be so. GSM is the better
option for good coverage(at least here in Australia) and low power
consumption, that is if you don't need 3rd gen mobile broadband data
rates. ;-)

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard