Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Ian Campbell <iantm_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 11:38:35 EST

On Jan 10, 2007, at 11:26 AM, James Grubic wrote:

> I guess I am waiting for the widescreen iPod with hard drive...would
> have been nice tho to have PDA, camera, and phone capabilities all
> in one.

That's going to be announced early next year - It'll be the iPhone
extreme. 80gb internal hard drive, hwr, phone capabilities, etc. for
a "low price of $999" with a lifetime lock in with Cingular Wireless.
(I have no beef with Cingular - have been using them since 2001). The
lack of HWR on the iPhone, despite the fact that it running on OS X
is the really big deal breaker for me. If it were useable as a PDA
with HWR, as well as the other stuff and being a phone, I would have
an easier time convincing myself that it's worthwhile to run it by my
wife. As it is, I think a Nokia e62, treo, or blackberry would be a
better solution for me than the iPhone is.

For now, I'll stick with my razr.

- ian