[NTLK] iPhone

From: Chod Lang <chodlang1_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 20:41:45 EST

As a loyal Newton user (who is weaning himself away from the Newton
to my Treo smartphone), I always keep my fingers crossed as each new
MacWorld rolls around, that Steve will bury the hatchet and bring
back the Newton reborn. But, alas, that didn't happen once again.

Now that I have a smartphone to compare to, I would never consider
what I saw yesterday. It's an expensive phone with a cool interface
(as would be expected from Apple) but not much else. My Treo has
Pocket Tunes which plays MP3s, Documents to Go, Filemaker Mobile,
Agenda, camera, camcorder, internet, email, all rolled into a very
comfortable device.

Apple is just riding the wave of iPod popularity and I think their
days of real innovation have passed. Their product design is second
to none, but their vision to the future is away from most of us and
toward Hollywood. Glitz and glamor. Sigh....

Happy New Year all,

Chod