Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Alan Toops <alantoops_at_cs.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 22:03:51 EST

On 1/10/07 8:41 PM, "Chod Lang" <chodlang1@mac.com> wrote:

> As a loyal Newton user (who is weaning himself away from the Newton
> to my Treo smartphone), I always keep my fingers crossed as each new
> MacWorld rolls around, that Steve will bury the hatchet and bring
> back the Newton reborn. But, alas, that didn't happen once again.
>
> Now that I have a smartphone to compare to, I would never consider
> what I saw yesterday. It's an expensive phone with a cool interface
> (as would be expected from Apple) but not much else. My Treo has
> Pocket Tunes which plays MP3s, Documents to Go, Filemaker Mobile,
> Agenda, camera, camcorder, internet, email, all rolled into a very
> comfortable device.
>
> Apple is just riding the wave of iPod popularity and I think their
> days of real innovation have passed. Their product design is second
> to none, but their vision to the future is away from most of us and
> toward Hollywood. Glitz and glamor. Sigh....
>
> Happy New Year all,
>
> Chod
>> http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
Gezz,

I have the Treo 700 p ... Yes it can do all those things but I am captive to
an expensive data plan with my service provider if I do.

However, it is not an elegant design, bulky keyboard and not intuitive to
use at all. The small keys are a pain and every piece of software runs
independently of each other with no interest in sharing data. What a joke..

So hats off to Apple, this is one piece of gear that can replace my Tre0,
Nokia 770.. And my i-pod for less money.

alan