Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 21:33:03 EST

In short, give it a rev or 2.

Mind, industrious hackers will have this puppy doing things it was
never intended to very shortly after release, is my guess. Look at
iPod Linux.

http://ipodlinux.org

Personally, though, I'm pretty entranced by what I've seen the iPhone
do just during the Stevenote (I was there...it was really impressive
in person). And at least the price-point and the SDK are fixable w/o
even altering anything about the device as it currently stands.

I'll probably hold out for proper 3+G speeds and some more storage at
least before biting, but the rest will come, and even if they come
after I get one, most of the features are in software anyway. ;)

And *some* really motivated developer will find a way to shoehorn
Inkwell in. I have some faith in that. Not all of us share His
Steveness' disdain for stylii, after all.

Just some thoughts!
-Sonya

Wes wrote:

> Offer model without GSM+EDGE
> Give 3rd party's a SDK
> Replace flash-storage with micro hard drive if it's cheaper.
> Get the price point nearer Palm's LifeDrive
>
> Then I might bite.

==
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 —Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn@earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn