Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: G. Isten <gisela_at_tariffenet.it>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 02:35:19 EST

Hi Tom,

>$600 is a lot of money, yes.
>
>No, it isn't.

Yes, you're right. I paid a lot more than $600 and spent irrational amounts of time over the years before I found my current setup. With the iPhone you get all those nice features integrated in one package, and, in the end of the day, for much less money, also because $600 today < $600 ten or even five years ago.

I'd be a liar if I said that the iPhone was not attractive. It is most definitely more attractive than a LifeDrive, and it has more features and appears to be much better at these things than anything around.

If I didn't already have a satisfying setup that does (mostly) what I need it to do, I would probably get an iPhone. But I do have a such a setup, one that I have already heavily invested in and that I'm happy with. I won't get an iPhone, not for a long time anyway, and not until the text input is up to my expectations, because for me that is a very major aspect (I often have to take notes in dark rooms).

Re the stylus vs. finger issue: I often catch myself using my fingernails as input devices, both on the Newton and the Handera. Works fine! :-)

Gisela