Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 07:48:48 EST

Apple stated that iPhone can run for 5 hours while on phone
conversation or web browsing.

I can browse the web wirelessly for a much longer time on Newton, but
I can also report
a really pleasant experience when using the MessagePad for placing
calls, sms and faxing.
Infact I owned the Newton compatible FirstFone pcmcia, which works on
900Mhz networks
(such frequencies are still available here in Italy and are affected
by much less traffic
than the 1800Mhz which most carriers use all over Europe).
Newton runt typically for 10-12 hours with the FirstFone card
inserted and always on.

Then the 16 hours limit for audio playing of the iPhone isn't really
not comparable
to a MP2100 playing an entire MadMax folder while staying connected
to ext. speakers.

Adriano

http://notwen.com