Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 12:47:32 EST

On Jan 11, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Andrei Chichak wrote:

> On 1/11/2007 9:27:26 AM, Adam Goddard (pashosh@tpg.com.au) wrote:
>> Got my G3 clamshell iBook 366MHz w/ 256MB RAM running 10.4.8 rather
>> well.
>
> Are there any versions of OS X that will run on a Bondi Blue tray
> model? I think it is a 266 or somethin like that.

Tiger runs fine on these systems, but will not install, is it needs a
DVD drive and checks the system first. If you pre install Tiger onto
a drive in a supported system, and then swap the drive into the
imac, it will boot right up and run ok too.

I recommend 384M of RAM as a bare minimum though, with 640 being a
better place.

Marty