[NTLK] Ethernet-osx connection

From: Lorenzo Leoni <shearleo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 04:24:26 EST

Hi list!
I'm a new Newton user,
I've bought my first unit (2100) some weeks ago...Very happy with it!
My only big problem is the connection between the Newton and my ibook
g4 with 10.4.
I would like to connect using an ethernet card (model 3com 3cxe589dt).
I've already read the wiki and the faq and I'm sure to have already
installed all the necessary driver, internet enabler and whatever.
Tha cable is a perfect new crossover one.
I've tried all possible combination of setting, on the newton
internet setup and on the ibook connection preferences. No results.
The only thing I achieve is to find the computer when tap on Dock/
Connect to/other computer...But then, when I try to connect via
appletalk to the laptop I get the message "the selected mac os
computer cannot be found on the network".
What am I doing wrong?
Can someone give me the right setting for both the newton and tcp/ip
on the ibook?
Thanks a lot in advance!

regards

Lorenzo