Re: [NTLK] Kallisys' Newton Einstein Project

From: Sam Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 11:13:10 EST

Hello!

  Thanks for all the help, everyone!

>I was able to get it running on a SL 5500(that I bought to try this out)
>It took me two tries to get it to work, but it worked fine. The keyboard
>mapping was weird with my emate rom but hey. I am a computer enthusiast,
>not a programmer so it can be done.
>
>It is part of fun 'tinkering' that goes with owning a Newt.

  I was looking at all the files necessary (excluding the ROM) to emulate/run the Newton OS on the Zaurus Sl-5500, but did not see them when I clicked the links through the Einstein site. May I asked where you found them all?

  In general how well does your Newton OS run on yuor Zaurus? Can you use your books, files, games, etc. that you have, say, on a Newton PCMCIA card on your Zaurus? Is it easy enough to switch bank-and-forth between the Newton OS and Linux on your Zaurus so that you can use differernt programs? For example, I would like to use my Orinoco Gold WiFi card on my Zaurus for email, but still use my Newton books, etc., when I want to.

  Thank you for all of yuor time and help!!!

Always,

Sam