[NTLK] Still no lovin' from my phone

From: Zachery Bir <zbir_at_urbanape.com>
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 12:57:18 EST

Okay, I took the various advice (thanks, Roman - thanks, Steven) and
haven't really gotten any further.

So, in more diagnostic, gory detail, I present...

Phone Settings:

   - Data account info
     - Name: PS Account 5
     - External ID: 5
     - APN: internet2.voicestream.com
     - Username: <blank>
     - Password: <blank>
     - Login request: Off
     - Allow calls: Automatic
     - IP address: ...
     - DNS address: ...
     - Authentication: None, CHAP, PAP
     - Data compression: Off
     - Header compr.: Off

This is the same Data account I use with both my MacBook and MacBook
Pro.

Newton Settings:

   - Bluetooth Setup
     - Card: AmbiCom BT2000-CF
     - Name: K750i
     - Modem Port: Dial-up Network (1)
     - OBEX Port: OBEX Push (5)
   - Internet Setup
     - T-Mobile GPRS
       - Protocol: PPP
       - Configuration: Server
       - User ID: dummy (should this match?)
       - Password: dummy
       - When closing, disconnect: immediately
       - Primary DNS/Name Server Address: 206.67.222.222 (playing
with OpenDNS)
       - Login Script [6 Step(s)]:
         - Send AT+CGDCONT=5,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com"
         - Send P (Pilcrow)
         - Wait For OK
         - Send ATD*99#
         - Send P (Pilcrow)
         - Wait For CONNECT
         - Done
       - Logout Script [2 Step(s)]:
         - Send ATH0
         - Send P (Pilcrow)
         - Done
     - T-Mobile GPRS Simple (everything else is the same)
       - Login Script [3 Step(s)]:
         - Send ATD*99***5#
         - Send P (Pilcrow)
         - Wait For CONNECT
         - Done

When I had each login script set to "Display script activity", the
Newt would restart soon after trying to display whatever was going on
during a connection. Without that setting, I can usually try to
connect without the Newt restarting, but I get a very short-lived PPP
diagnostic, and nothing shows up on the phone, and then the
diagnostic goes away without any error or success (trying to access
wikiwikinewt in Courier). Plus, my little green status light on the
Bluetooth card starts blinking more rapidly. Trying to eject the card
makes the Newt restart. :^(

All makes for a very sad Urbanape. FWIW, my Wifi connection works
great :^)

Zac