Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 06:37:29 EDT

On Jul 1, 2007, at 11:39 AM, John Derbyshire wrote:

> The iPhone does a lot more than your list, there's a Notepad feature
> for starters. A key point is that it is an software-driven device in
> the sense that Apple can, and no doubt will, add new features through
> its well proven Software Update system.

The biggest concern that I have with iPhoen - and I woul love to have
one - is the missing interface for software developers. My current
phone runs a custom car navigation software including built-in GPS,
handles some very job-specific tasks for me, and syncs all that with
my desktop software, so I can do my taxes more easily at the end of
the year.

iPhone is limited to Ajax development, which is not powerful enough
to solve my tasks. Ah well... .

----
http://robowerk.com/