Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Mark Harter <willmark_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 08:25:23 EDT

I believe the points were comparing the Newton to the iPhone not
other devices.

For Me:
* Multi-touch interface
* Easy to Use email and Internet (which for some of us never worked
right on the Newt, let alone who ancient both are on a Newt now)
* Built in camera
* EASY SYNCING PROCESS (why I stopped using my Newt)
* A modern browser
* SMS Messaging
* Syncs to iCal (From there I can Sync to Exchange)
* Google Maps
* Virtual Keyboard (Which is awesome after using it)
* Never working about where is my stylus
* iPod. I don't need more then 8 GB
* Ability to get to OWA on Safari
* A phone
* I can get down to 1 device rather then 3 (Cell, Newt, iPod)
* just some of the things for me.
* Awesome batery life for a device of this class.
* Glass screen, PC world did a web vid where they were absolutely
abusing their iPhone and it held up.

And oh yeah did i mention Multi-touch!

Was the Newt, ground breaking? Sure was. Was it the first? Nope. Same
for the iPod. Same for the iPhone. not the first but could become the
dominate PDA/Cell device for the forseable future.

The more I look over past posts here and looking through post here
now I get the feeling whether people want to admit or not> People are
still bitter over teh decsion to canel the Newt in the 90's. And will
simply not get behind the iPhone for no other reason then its not a
Newt... My 2 cents YMMV.

Mrk