Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 11:01:04 EDT

On Jul 1, 2007, at 12:23 AM, Larry Yaeger wrote:

> At 9:58 PM -0400 6/30/07, kevin_ondre@vermontel.net wrote:
>> AT&T doesnt provide service in my area. so...no iphone for me :(
>
> Yeah, I'm in the same boat and seriously bummed about it. I would
> *so* have an iPhone if I could actually use it. Annoyingly,
> Verizon has four bars here, while Cingular/AT&T has zero, but
> because the signals are different (CDMA vs. GSM) the phone can't
> even roam here. Bleah. :(

I feel for you as you'll, most likely, have a longer wait for the
iPhone than our friends in Canada and Europe (they all atleast have
GSM).

Kevin and I (since I live in Vermont too) are in an especially
annoying predicament: we have GSM (e.g. Unicel) coverage that
supports most of the state and AT&T/Cingular partner with Unicel so
you can use your iPhone here and it works well (yes, even EDGE), but
you' can get a contract here! Or, if you do manage to get a contract
out-of-state, they cancel it within a few months because you're
always roaming (and then you have a disabled iPhone). :(

<http://makkintosshu.dyndns.org/journal/iphone-today-or-ratatouille-
instead>
<http://makkintosshu.dyndns.org/journal/iphone-the-day-after>

Morgan Aldridge