Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 14:23:06 EDT

On Jul 1, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2007, at 12:23 AM, Larry Yaeger wrote:
>
>> At 9:58 PM -0400 6/30/07, kevin_ondre@vermontel.net wrote:
>>> AT&T doesnt provide service in my area. so...no iphone for me :(
>>
>> Yeah, I'm in the same boat and seriously bummed about it. I would
>> *so* have an iPhone if I could actually use it. Annoyingly,
>> Verizon has four bars here, while Cingular/AT&T has zero, but
>> because the signals are different (CDMA vs. GSM) the phone can't
>> even roam here. Bleah. :(
>
> I feel for you as you'll, most likely, have a longer wait for the
> iPhone than our friends in Canada and Europe (they all atleast have
> GSM).

Perhaps not... Maybe some good news for you too Morgan.

<http://news.com.com/ATT+says+to+buy+Dobson+for+2.8+billion/
2100-1039_3-6194431.html?tag=nefd.top>

I am a t-mobile pay as you go customer, so I am waiting for the
iphone unlock hack to appear ;~)

Also my nokia E60 does more then the iphone for me (VOIP over WIFI).

If iPhone had JackenIAX on it, then I would be interested... I don't
care about movie playback or audio either.

Marty