Re: [NTLK] The Newton Mini

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 14:42:49 EDT

On 7/2/2007 12:21:06 PM, jg (atcnn2@yahoo.se) wrote:
> Yes it is true. Last time I left my Newton on shelf for 2 years,
> without batteries.

At the other end of the scale has to be the windows CE boxes that
came out around the time that the Newton was cancelled. They stored
everything in static RAM so it forgot everything when the AAA cells
died. Unfortunately this was, literally, every day.

I got so fed up with loosing my information that I never used my
device past the testing period. Total failure.

On the other hand, my pre-production Newton Notepad still has stuff
on it from early '93.

Andrei