Re: [NTLK] OS X's Inkwell, and the Newton Mini

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 15:19:22 EDT

On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:46 AM, John Derbyshire wrote:

> As the iPhone's OS is an OS X variant might it be possible for some
> clever soul to allow it to use OS X's Inkwell? Presumably this would
> involve using the iPhone's screen as a graphic tablet screen? Result,
> iPhone's the Newton Mini.
The OSX on the iphone is kind of in name only as far as we can tell.
The processor is an ARM, and the development tools for the iphone are
not available. So, no there is no inkwell. Even if inkwell was
there, it hardly makes OSX a newton. No gesture recognition and the
wrong interface make this kind of lame in my experience (on OSX).

Marty