Re: [NTLK] Quote of the day!

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 21:47:36 EDT

You're right...kinda
  $J made the right decision when he spun off the Newton team as a seperate company...
  But the big mistake came when he reabsorbed the company and then unceramoniously dumped he product and killed the livelyhoods of tens of thousands of loyal workers and loyal adopters which spread bad blood about Apple and it's ulterior motives: (it seems that no matter how many times Apple shoots their loyal customers, they keep on coming back!)

  Ed
  web/gadget guru
"Thomas Brand (T2)" <thomasbrand@mac.com> wrote:
  I am probably going to get a lot of flak on this board for saying this
but I think Steve made the right decision by canceling the Newton. Now
hear me out I am a huge fan of the Newton and its technology, but at
the same time I don't think Apple would be the striving company it is
today without the drastic slashes that were made by Steve to the Apple
product line. Steve made Apple concentrate on what it does best,
inovate, and he forced that inovation to whee Apple needed it most,
its core business of computers. Sue the Newton was and still is a
landmark product but it had to many lacking features such as true
portability, proper syncing, and a reasonable price point. Palms met
this requirement for most people but even now history has proven jobs
right that finnancially it was a good idea to get out of the PDA
business until the technology was truely ready for a powerful mobile
and networked experience.

Thomas Brand (T2)

On Jul 12, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> I love the Newton because $.Jobs hates it (well, there are other
> reasons...such as the ones below...) and because the Newton
> represents the biggest mistake that $J has ever made. And by
> continually using the Newton, I can give $J a virtual slap in the
> face which allows me the smug comfort of being a better man than
> him, because even though he obviously must recognize the Newton for
> it's unique attributes, his own ego prevents him from embracing it
> as one of his "blessed" consumer devices. ;-)
> Oh yeah...and it works...reliably.
> Ed

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.