Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: iBattery

From: Joost van de Griek <jvdg_at_jvdg.com>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 17:47:25 EDT

On 7/11/07 4:51 PM, James Grubic wrote:

>> Why are people complaining about this when they upgrade to a brand-
>> new phone every year or so?
>
> It's unfortunate that people are in this "disposable" mindset now.
>
> Why are people still on this list? They more than likely have a Newton
> device. What has been one of the major sources of problems with
> maintaining the Newton over time (10 years plus)? Batteries. Hence my post.
>
> My parallel is that 10 years from now, I would expect someone out there
> to be using the original iPhone much in the same way they still use
> Newton.

If the Newton wasn't a dead platform, how many of the people on this list
would you expect to be using the obsolete models, as opposed to the
brand-spanking-new colour screen, WiFi-equipped ones?

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
At weddings, my aunts used to point at me and cackle "you're next!"
They stopped when I started doing it to them at funerals