Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: iBattery

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 18:21:53 EDT

~~~ On 2007/07/13 22:47, Joost van de Griek at jvdg@jvdg.com wrote ~~~

> If the Newton wasn't a dead platform, how many of the people on this list
> would you expect to be using the obsolete models, as opposed to the
> brand-spanking-new colour screen, WiFi-equipped ones?

Joost,

That's sort of good point but...

I know someone who's whole office is networked vintage Macs, by which I mean
SE30s, Classics, and the like, along with newer machines. I also know
people who still use older machines at home, and a man whose whole business
consists in servicing older machines for folks and servicing them prior to
resale. I myself have a Classic and a couple of Quadras as well as some
of the older laptops, as well as my Pismos, eMac and G4 tower.

I agree that if I could get an updated Newt, one that had more modern
hardware as if the Newton had stayed a living product line, that probably
would be my main machine. After all, that's all I've been arguing for in my
other posts on the subject of the iPhone. But considering my Mac
collection, I can't say I wouldn't still have my MP2100 and MPU2000s. So
although I agree that there wouldn't be as many people using the old
Newtons, but OTOH I suspect that the few of us that kept the oldies would
probably have even more of them. ;)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl