Re: [NTLK] AT&T

From: Joshua Cearley <joshua.cearley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 18:28:28 EDT

On 7/14/07, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> No one has mentioned this yet, but for the paranoid among us:
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060412-6585.html

I'm guessing if anybody asks, they will either tell you that it's none
of your business (because it's the NSA after all) or they'll use this
decades fear monger phrase and tell you it's for terrorism. I highly
doubt the NSA is planting bugs to catch small time pirates :P

Of course, this is all futile anyway. If you use 8024-bit encryption
on any sensitive documents, none of this invasion of privacy matters
because they'll spend the next ~40 years trying to decrypt your
documents. I can't imagine AT&T's anti-pirate scanner is going to work
at all, because it would have to use some kind of neural network and
it would be completely defeated by any kind of simple crypto (perhaps
even just shifting bits up one which is weak, but is known to break
content filters and it's fast).

-JC