Re: [NTLK] AT&T

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 11:22:50 EDT

Quoting Joshua Cearley <joshua.cearley@gmail.com>:

> On 7/14/07, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No one has mentioned this yet, but for the paranoid among us:
> > http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060412-6585.html
>
> Of course, this is all futile anyway. If you use 8024-bit encryption
> on any sensitive documents, none of this invasion of privacy matters
> because they'll spend the next ~40 years trying to decrypt your
> documents.

Back in the good old days there was a rule that nobody bothered putting security
on their UNIX files. High security indicated the existence of something
interesting. Then people starting destroying things for fun and the world changed.

I figure that if you use 8024 bit encryption, that is the stuff that I would
work on first. If you want to get a message through without being detected,
embed it in spam or encode it as an MP3 file.

I was reading on slash dot that Microsoft was given a patent on embedding the
facilities for delivery of targeted advertising. They look at your browsing
habits, personal files, and emails, figure out what you should buy, and charge
back the advertiser.

"http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/14/043200"