Re: [NTLK] Newton Dock (with USB, audio, power) or Newton USB

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 21:22:35 EDT

19/lug/07 Knowledge Navigator wrote:

> Im getting into the final stages of developing either a newton dock
> like the one here:
>
> <snip>
>
> Pricing for this will be around $200
>
> <snip>

A Newton dock would be really cool, although asking $200 for it would
be fair only when showing some really beautiful equipment.

In other words, I would be glad to pay well for a well designed
product, other than for its being useful.

> Other option:
>
> A newton USB adapter, this will be similar to the one offered by
> Notwen but as it seems that Adriano has been out of stock for a
> while, there seems to be no where to locate these adapters.
> Pricing for this will be similar to Adrianos pricing.

On the 'Notwen Store' some products are clearly reported as 'sold-
out' or just 'out-of-sale'. This is not the case of the Newton Usb
Dongle, available on
http://notwen.com/sync/dongle

Anyway, it is very kind of you for thinking about a remake of the
Newton Usb Dongle. If you need the schematics please just ask.

But then, if you are seriously considering to update your store with
usb-ready products, it would be nice if at this point you would offer
your serial boards at a special price, eventually.

> Please let me know which you would prefer to be produced, you can
> contact me directly at knowledgenavigator@gmail.com

Pardon me, how one could have a preference without looking at a
picture of a real product?

Kind regards,

Adriano Angelillis
MessagePad Accessories