Re: [NTLK] [OT] AT&T - Unlocked!

From: Jochen Schäfer <js.josch_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2007 - 05:28:05 EDT

Steven Scotten schrieb:
> On Jul 19, 2007, at 6:50 PM, Joshua Cearley wrote:
>

> I fail to see how any of this is Apple's fault or a failing of the
> iPhone. It's a GSM phone, so it won't run on Sprint or Verizon. CDMA
> is dead-end technology and you can't sell CDMA overseas. Making the
> iPhone GSM was the right thing to do. Locking it to one company is
> the same thing that Nokia, Siemens, Samsung, Sony, Ericsson, LG and
> every other cellphone maker does. Why pick on the iPhone when it's
> the entire industry that needs fixing?
Here in Germany we have the very same situation, but there is a
difference. You can normally get a specific phone model at all the
different carriers. E.g. the HTC smartphones are sold by O2 and
T-Mobile. They make some changes to firmware (mostly some
customizations), but these are essentially the same phones.

So Apple and AT&T did something that is NOT the usual way to sell phones.

Bye Jochen