Re: [NTLK] Nokia Phone Card 2.0/NewtSMS+

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 18:05:35 EDT

Hi Andreas

> Just get a Nokia card Phone 2.0, and NewtSMS+

Thanks for the tips. I would love to get this working but can't.

> Which phone card do you have? The 1.0 card does not work.

Can you tell me, I have a Nokia Phonecard RPM-1Q, do you know if this is
a 2 or a 1?

> The SMS function works fine, too, after setting the SMSC number on the
> SIM card.

When I tap on SMSC it says to set this on the phone? What does this
mean, and how come there is space for 12 digits in prefs but my sim has
a number with 19 digits?

Also when I choose check modem, all the checks are ok. When I go to
send, I get through the following:

SMS start 1
Preparing Modem
Checking pin

then it just hangs?

Any more hints from anyone gratefully received.

Andy