[NTLK] Highs and lows (slots)

From: Douglas Johnston <douglas.johnston_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 00:13:53 EDT

I had been wondering why I was having such a hard time getting my
PCMCIA cards to work. My wired card, my wireless card, and my
Bluetooth weren't able to connect. I'm not *completely* clueless when
it comes to these things, so I was becoming increasingly frustrated.
In setting up my Bluetooth, I decided to insert the card in the
bottom slot of my 2100, and was amazed when the light came on. Sure
enough, my top slot is non-functional. It won't recognise my 16MB
card either. I finally managed to get Bluetooth working in the bottom
slot, and even got the network set up in less than 10 minutes (thanks
to Stephen Frank's advice in the wiki), but now I'm heartbroken that
I can only use one card at a time.

The slot *feels* solid when I insert a card, and the little "ejection
button" works perfectly. It's just that nothing happens when I insert
a card. Does anyone have any advice? (Keeping in mind that I don't
know a diode from a cathode ray tube?)

all my best,
dj

--