[NTLK] Writer from Low End Mac - New eMate owner with Q's...

From: Tommy Thomas <thomas_at_lowendmac.com>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 11:26:03 EDT

Hey everyone! I'm a newcomer to the Newton! I've been reading the
archives for a little while. My name is Tommy Thomas. I write a
column for Low End Mac called Welcome To Macintosh. I just acquired
an eMate 300 after being so intrigued by it. I even wrote an article
recently about the eMate 300 which included a plug for NewtonTalk.net
and UNNA.org. ;-) You can check it out by coping and pasting this
into your browser: http://lowendmac.com/thomas/tt07/0727.html
I do have a few questions though since I'm a complete newbie...

1) Can one still register the driver to use a compatible PCMCIA Wifi
card?

2) I've been having fun with Avi's Backdrop... Since the eMate kind
of reminds me of eWorld, I wanted to put a .pict file of the town
square graphic of eWorld on the Newton... How would I go about
getting it on the eMate?

3) I have already downloaded the eWorld sounds... Can I replace the
icons with ones from eWorld?

4) Does anyone know where I could find the eWorld Tight font for the
Newton and how to get it on the eMate?

5) Does anyone have a spare memory card, storage card or Wifi card
they'd be willing to trade for something else?

That's really all I can think of now! This is quite the invaluable
resource for Newton lovers! Keep up the great work! Thanks for
reading my email and I hope everyone enjoys the article! :-)

Take care and May God Bless,
Tommy Thomas
Welcome To Macintosh
Low End Mac Columnist