Re: [NTLK] Nokia 770

From: Raj Patel <phigmov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 16:31:05 EDT

Ditto - I picked one up for 70ukp (less than I paid for my Newt 2000 back in
2001 on eBay) and it shipped and arrived in NZ within a week!
Great for browsing - the hunt & peck onscreen keyboard is a little annoying
and the browser (Opera) crashes regularly (memory is pretty tight I suspect)
but the speed is good. Video playback isn't great - I suspect I need to
downsample the video alot more than I did

Also makes an excellent streaming radio client when hooked up to a stereo.
Using something like Nicecast you can also stream your iTunes music to it
(the Mac could do with a good freeware upnp server).

Its a shame it isn't supported for iSync or some other Nokia sync suite
though - stops it being a truly great pda (although its a web tablet first
and foremost).

Cheers,
Raj.