[NTLK] NTK help

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 14:35:33 EDT

OK, I have another newbie programmer question. GetUserConfig() takes a
symbol as a parameter. Some of the documented symbols are: 'name,
'papersizes, 'phone. I have also been looking at all of the code I can get
my hands on and I have come across some un-documented symbols, at least not
in my documentation, one of which is 'userfoldergroups. Which leads me to
the next logical question, what other un-documented symbols are there? And
how can I get a copy of these symbols and other un-documented symbols and
functions?

I have the Newton Programmer’s Reference For Newton 2.0 and the Newton
Programmer’s Guide For Newton 2.0 and the Newton Programmer’s Guide: 2.1 OS
Addendum and the NewtonScript Programming Language.

What other documentation is there? Or is there a function that people use to
reveal this through the inspector?

I am really close to releasing the first app that I wrote. I wrote a back
ground app. Yes, I know we have a butt load of back ground apps. But this
one is exactly the way I want it. Also, I had to do something to learn on
before tackling my Outlook sync client, Ladle. I have most of the PC half of
Ladle done but as I mentioned in another Email, I had to give up on the DIL
and write my own client due to errors in the DIL.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org (Newton server)