Re: [NTLK] Newbie alert: Here comes another one!

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 23:56:31 EDT

Alexandre

Welcome aboard.

There are a lot of newbie resources already available. See the links to the
FAQs (which you have already) and Wiki that automatically get appended to all
Newtontalk emails. Your tutorial would be a welcome entry on the wiki.
Unfortunately the facility for updating that was broken in the recent transition
to a new list dad. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as I have some material to
upload myself.

Connectivity to desktops is covered really well by both resources.

There has been a lot of discussion about a pdf reader in the past (c2004).
General consensus was large pdf files were no good and dividing up a pdf
document and converting to html pages was considered the easiest way to view
stuff using something like Newtscape.

As far as news goes there has been a lot of it with new software and hardware
developments completed and more on the way. I think somebody did a compilation
of 2006 developments over the new year and published it on the list. Check the
archives.

When I started there was a pdf user guide that was downloadable from UNNA. That
should help. There are walkthroughs for Internet, Wifi and Bluetooth
connectivity on the wiki.

Google NewtonLust to see what you can do with your Newton and then start
searching for the way to implement what others have already done. There are a
lot of helpful people on this list that will assist wherever and whenever they
can.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch