Re: [NTLK] Manybooks...

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 12:29:14 EDT

On 6/22/2007 8:05 AM, Xenon Soft wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to read books downloaded from
> manybooks.net, but the GREAT problem is that the
> e-books have no page numbers or bookmarks... Do you
> know if it's possible to add pages or bookmarks or if
> this feature will be available? Actually, it's very
> difficult or impossible to read a book without page
> numbers.

I am not sure what format you are reading in. But there are several
different types of plain text or unencrypted ebook readers around. Some
are free, others are shareware. One of the best I have found for the PC
is ubook. You can download it free at http://www.gowerpoint.com/ and it
works for a time before nagging you to register it. But registration is
not expensive. Another possibility for the PC is Ybook at
http://www.spacejock.com/yBook.html

Of course my favorite method is on my Newton. And making it a
NewtonBook automatically adds page numbers even if you don't create a
table of contents. Paperback format does not have page numbers, and
does not have bookmarks. This is the main reason why I prefer the
NewtonBook format.

-Dan