Re: [NTLK] Manybooks...

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 22:04:49 EDT

After reading Xenon's post this morning I visited the site
manybooks.net. Suspecting that the problem was that the Newton
option used Paperback, I downloaded a book using 'customized HTML'.
I didn't change any settings but downloaded it to my Mac, and stored
the file in the folder that I use for personal web sharing.
I then used Newt's Cape to access the file from my Newton and saved
it as a package. for a 300kb html file the download to the newton
via wifi and conversion to a Newton Book took less than 10 minutes.
It is paginated but the table of contents is lacking. If I remember
correctly 'headings' will generate a table of contents entry in
Newt's Cape.

The above procedure was just that simple. You can always have page
numbers and bookmarks, as well as the font and size you like.

woody